A leaking roof can cause a host of problems, resulting in extensive damages and costly repairs. The most common causes of a leaky roof are storm damage, lack of roof maintenance, or poor workmanship, but fortunately, many leaky roofs can be adequately repaired by a professional roofing contractor.
All Around Roofing & Exteriors is a fully licensed and insured roofing company providing clients throughout the Denver Metro area with quality roofing maintenance, roof repairs, and roof replacement services. Our local roofing contractors are experienced in all roofing applications and offer affordable solutions for all your roofing needs. If you have a leaky roof, we have leaky roof repair solutions.
Water intrusion is a serious issue for the property owner, and even the smallest roof leak can create huge problems. Aside from the obvious signs of a leaking roof, such as stained or buckled ceiling plaster, there are other risks that might not be noticed until it’s too late. Some of those damages include:
- Mold and Mildew: While a leaking roof won’t cause mold and mildew overnight, they can become problematic in the long run. Mold is not only hard to remove, it’s quite expensive to do so, but most importantly, mold is toxic and can create serious health issues, such as asthma, inflammation, and rhinitis.
- Structural Damage: Excessive roof leaks can cause extensive damages, such as the weakening and deterioration of wood, meaning that ceiling joists, rafters, and framing can all be compromised. Neglecting roof leak repairs can ultimately lead to serious structural damages that require the services of a structural engineer or contractor to correct the problem.
- Attic and/or Ceiling Damage: Stored items and personal belongings in an attic will likely become damaged by a leaking roof that’s not repaired in a timely manner. If there is no attic, the ceiling, plaster, and paint can become stained and start to expand, bubble, or chip, resulting in repairs that could have, otherwise, been avoided.
- Fire Hazards: It goes without saying that water and electricity don’t mix. Roof leaks, if met with exposed electrical wiring, can result in a fire hazard and create a potentially dangerous situation for the occupants of the property.
- Wasted Energy: The insulation in a home can be ruined by water leaking from the roof, and if it is, it will take more energy to heat or cool the premise, causing higher energy bills.
Putting off leaky roof repairs can result in unnecessary damages and put you and your home at risk, so if your roof is leaking, partnering with a reputable roofing contractor who can correct the problem and restore your roof’s integrity is your best line of action.
If you live in Denver or the surrounding areas and need a reputable roofing company to repair your leaky roof, look no further. Contact the roofing experts at All Around Roofing & Exteriors. We offer comprehensive inspections, affordable roof repair solutions, and financing options to accommodate any budget.